Stage 1 – Project Assessment by the Principal House Builder
The very first step is an exploratory telephone conversation where we find out more about you, your project and the budget. We will offer preliminary advice and arrange a meeting with the principal house builder to discuss the next step. If you do not have your own architect designed plans, you will also meet with our architect who will work closely with us to ensure any design fits with your budget and desired scope of works.
At this stage, we will also discuss:
- The outcomes you want to achieve with your new home construction
- Your required commencement/completion dates
- Any concerns in relation to the house building or renovation process
Stage 2 – Costing / Proposal
Once the designs are approved, we prepare a detailed scope of works and costings. This includes all items, selections, fittings and fixture specifications (based on your budget, desired quality and specifications).
Importantly, we cost everything up front, so there are no hidden surprises. You will have heard stories about cost variations that were communicated only after the contract had been signed. This can happen with project homes when costs are based on square metres, and variations are buried in the small print. You won’t experience this with dMand Building. Every detail is costed up front at a fixed price. The only variations would be if you decide to change something after the contract has been signed.
Stage 3 – Contract Signing
Once the construction costing has been accepted, a home building contract and other relevant documentation will be drawn up for signing.
- Commencement dates will be determined
- Payment of deposit (usually 5% of contract price)
Stage 4 – Preconstruction
- We will timeline the project
- Meet for colour and item selections
- Arrange for approvals and permits
- Site preparation
Stage 5 – Construction Commencement
Construction will start and we will provide you with weekly updates on all trade coordination.
Stage 6 – Handover
- Client inspection of both the internal and external area of the home
- Demonstration of how to use appliances and home features
- Presentation of keys
- Handover of warranty and information pack
Every phase is planned and considered to ensure the dMand standard, to make your experience extraordinary