There are many benefits to choosing to build a custom home. If you are at the beginning of your custom-build journey, there are three important things to consider.
What is the necessity?
Start with the inflexible Items
– How many bathrooms and bedrooms do you need?
– What size and type of living spaces do you need?
– What is the reason for the change of home?
– How long do you plan on living in this house?
Make spaces easy to meet changing situations. Once you have decided on your needs this will create the starting floor plan.
What do you wish for?
This is where you can be creative and let your imagination go crazy. This is the fun part where you can get all of your ideas out
– Would you like a theatre?
– Do you desire a swimming pool?
– Do you want a huge entertaining area with a wood fired pizza oven and BBQ cooking area?
– Perhaps you would like a cookers kitchen with a dual oven and butlers pantry?
– Double sided fireplace opening onto your living and dining?
– Marble features to your bathroom?
– His and Hers wardrobes?
– Floating staircase?
– Large voided ceiling?
The sky is the limit with ideas and designs.
What is your budget?
This is where you set a limit and this will reflect what design features can be included in your home.
It is important to know your budget at the beginning of the journey.
Custom home building is your chance to design an exclusive home. Do not consider cutting costs by using cheaper materials as you will not be happy in the long run.
These items will help you and give you a starting point of what you want with your new home.